the-storyspace

Pages

18 May, 2009

no apples for the teacher

Life is an intricate puzzle. For some time I had planned to study the postgraduate diploma in primary education either through QUT or USQ after completing my library management degree with CSU. I planned to move into teacher librarianship both for the work and to gain coverage of all employment bases. Not that you have to be qualified in librarianship for Queensland schools. Although it would be much better for children if that was a requirement.
For some months I have been an enthusiastic pre-preservice teacher just waiting for Res. School at USQ. Yesterday I regretfully unenrolled (it was a mid-year intake) because I will not be able to fulfil the work placement requirements in semester two - because I gained a full time librarian position in public libraries!! So, the school thing is not to be just now - no apples for this would-be teacher.
That's okay because my other much longer held dream was to work in public libraries...all those enquiring minds. Love life.

No comments: